We are excited that we are having in-person worship services again on Sundays, at 10:45 AM. Below are the upated guidelines from The United Methodist Conference for worship services:
The United Methodist Conference Re-Entry Team continues our practice to encourage churches to follow all CDC guidelines. Based on those guidelines and in conjunction with Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear’s date for discontinuing the mask mandate, the team recommends the following:
- Persons who are fully vaccinated (two weeks post-second vaccination injection for Moderna or Pfizer; two weeks post-injection of Johnson & Johnson) may attend worship without a mask. We recommend the honor system for reporting vaccination status.
- For their protection, unvaccinated persons should continue to wear masks to worship.
- Congregational singing and choral music return to worship for those who are vaccinated
- Hymnals, Bibles, bulletins, and other worship materials may return to the pews and worship experience.
- Regular practices for baptism (including immersion) and other celebratory ceremonies at the chancel may resume without masks for those who are vaccinated.
- At this time, we recommend continuing the use of prepackaged Communion elements.
- Social distancing for those who are vaccinated is not a requirement. However, we continue to recommend that unvaccinated persons socially distance and wear their masks.
- Churches can go to 75% capacity after Friday, May 28th, and full capacity after Friday, June 11th, assuming no changes in state guidelines.
- Because each congregation knows its context best, we recommend that each local church re-entry team chose the best response for its congregation.
- Finally, we do recommend everyone in consultation with their doctor pursue vaccination for their health and safety, including their children ages 12-16 years.
We strive to create a safe, healthy atmosphere that leads to an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
If you are not quite ready for in-person worship, we encourage you to continue to join us on Facebook Live.